Skip to main content

Bubble Pizza

In the interest of varying blog content, I thought I’d post another recipe this month—my version of Bubble Pizza. It’s a dish the entire family loves and it’s easy to make. In fact, if you sauté the meat ahead of time, it can be a one-dish meal.


What you’ll need:
2 cans of refrigerated dough (I like Pillsbury’s French or Italian bread)
1 jar pizza sauce
1 to 1 ½ lbs. ground beef
½ an onion, chopped
Salt & pepper
1 to 2 Tbsp. sugar (optional)
2 to 3 cups shredded cheese of choice
Skillet
13 x 9 casserole dish 
Non-stick cooking spray

How to prepare:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sauté ground beef with salt, pepper and onion until browned. While that’s cooking, open bread, break into pieces, and arrange in dish that has been coated with cooking spray.



Hint: To save time, next time you’re browning some ground beef with basic seasonings, double the amount and save half in the freezer to be used in a future recipe.

Drain beef when browned and stir in pizza sauce. If you like a less-tangy sauce, add a little sugar (same goes for spaghetti sauce—try it sometime). 

Once your meat sauce is ready, spoon it evenly over the bread, then sprinkle the cheese on top. We like mostly mozzarella with a dusting of mild cheddar, but you can use any kind of cheese you like. A pinch of grated parmesan on top would be good, too.


Bake uncovered for about 30-35 minutes. It’s done when the bread is cooked and cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Serve with a green veggie or a side of salad. Yum! :)


Comments

  1. I know I havne't even had breakfast yet but that looks pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something I must try! Thanks for the recipe! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, we're going to try this out this weekend. Bubbles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well look at that! Creative--I bet kids would love it. And easy too. I love the variety in your posts, Melissa!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks very tasty and I'll be sending this link to my wife, as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you suppose this recipe would work with gluten free flour? Sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet that's really tasty! Unique way to do the dough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hubs is a pizza enthusiast...this will suit him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have NEVER heard of Bubble pizza, but it's exactly down my alley, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. = )